Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Film Storage Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mcflytrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got about 5 cases of K-40 sitting around for about 7-8 months now. Are they any good? Have they gone bad? In the future, where and how should I store film to prevent its decay?

    -mcfly-

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really doubt they've gone bad, but what's the expiration date on the boxes?

    I keep my film in the refrigerator until I need it. I've had refrigerated film 3 years out of date process just beautifully, and I've heard of others with film much further out of date doing just fine (especially if it was frozen).

    The only drawback is it sometimes gets mixed in with the food and I lose track of it. I've had more than one "bonus roll" show up when rifling through the 'fridge!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    K40 is about the only film that will hold up after its expiration date in the fridge. That is due to the way that it gets its color. I have had Neg film fizzle before my very eyes the whole time it had been at a comfy 38 degrees.

    I do love Fuji I think that their film is by far the best I have seen major color shift in a stock over one year. Best of Luck

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mcflytrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...I'll have to check the date. I'd just hate to use it and spend the money to process it just to find out it's bad.

    -mcfly-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •